Contribute & Shop
Thank you for visiting the Missouri Humanities Council store and contribution center, where all of your support goes to strengthen the work of the Missouri Humanities Council, a 501(c)3 organized to promote child literacy, veterans’ writing, and a better understanding of the world around us through thought, debate, and civic engagement.
To make a donation to MHC, please scroll down and fill out the brief form below. We utilize PayPal for all financial transactions online, so your information is kept safe and secure.
The Proud to Be anthology series is a creative writing anthology of poetry, fiction, essays, interviews, and photography submissions by and about veterans from across the nation, and spanning generations – from WWI to Iraq and Afghanistan. It is an annual series, which was first released in November 2012. The anthology is funded by MHC, edited by Dr. Susan Swartwout, and published by Southeast Missouri State University Press. Submissions are reviewed by a panel of judges for inclusion in the anthology, with a $250 prize in each of the five categories listed above. See books available for purchase below.
For questions and more information regarding the Missouri Humanities Council’s veterans programs, please visit our Veterans Page or contact our Director of Family & Veterans Programs, Lisa Carrico at 314.781.9660.
Donation Information from IRAs
President Obama signed into law the Protecting Americans From Tax Hikes Act of 2015, which retroactively reinstates the provision for tax-free charitable gifts from IRA’s for 2015 and makes the provision permanent going forward. This is important news because the law that allowed individuals to make tax-free charitable gifts from an IRA expired at the end of 2014.
If you have been considering a tax-free rollover gift from your IRA to Missouri Humanities Council, you may find the information below helpful.
Under the new law:
- You must be 70 ½ years of age or older when the distribution is made.
- The transfer must go directly from your IRA to MHC or the charity of your choice.
- The provision has been made permanent. You may made tax-free transfers from your IRA to a charity or charities totaling up to $100,000 each calendar year. Your spouse may also be eligible to make such gifts up to $100,000 from his/her IRA.
- A charitable rollover gift from your IRA will count toward your minimum distribution requirement.
- Gifts from IRA may only be used to make an outright gift to a qualified public charity. IRA assets cannot be used to fund a gift annuity, charitable remainder trust, a donor advised fund, or a private foundation.
Please consult your tax and legal advisors before making a charitable gift.
Thank you for your support!