Disaster Relief Information
- Download the FEMA fact sheet After the Flood: Advice for Salvaging Damaged Family Treasures, with tips and resources for individuals and institutions, https://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/1452008937293-2c5cf070cabce562b9ae8727abbdc7e9/Flood_FIMA_Fact_Sheet_2015_508.pdf
o Versions are also available in Spanish and Vietnamese at https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/113297
|Heritage Emergency National Task Force | FEMA.govwww.fema.gov
FEMA and the Smithsonian Institution cosponsor the Heritage Emergency National Task Force, a partnership of 42 national service organizations and federal agencies …
- Download the FEMA fact sheet Salvaging Water-Damaged Family Valuables and Heirlooms, with tips and resources on salvaging different types of objects, from photos to fabric to furniture, and more. https://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/1490121650722-14c891088abe31790eda2e346280eaf2/Salvaging_Family_Valuables_FIMA_Fact_Sheet_2017_508WDU.pdf
|Salvaging Water-Damaged Family Valuables and Heirloomswww.fema.gov
Federal Insurance and Mitigation Administration Salvaging Water-Damaged Family Valuables and Heirlooms The losses that are the result of disasters are usually
- Download the free ERS: Emergency Response and Salvage app, for at-your-fingertips salvage advice, http://www.conservation-us.org/emergencies/ers-app.
|ERS App – American Institute for Conservationwww.conservation-us.org
Long known as the authoritative resource for salvaging artifacts after a disaster, the Emergency Response and Salvage Wheel has been used by museums, libraries, and …
- Cultural institutions, keep this 24/7 hotline number handy: 202.661.8068. The National Heritage Responders, a team of trained conservators and collections care professionals, are available 24/7 to provide advice to cultural stewards.
- Familiarize yourself with the disaster declaration process in case one is declared for your state, https://www.fema.gov/disaster-declaration-process.
|The Disaster Declaration Process | FEMA.govwww.fema.gov
This page provides procedural information regarding the Stafford Act declaration process and is intended for emergency managers, elected officials, media, and …
Additional response and recovery resources can be found on the Heritage Emergency National Task Force website, https://culturalrescue.si.edu/resources/response-recovery-resources/. And please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Response and Recovery Resources – culturalrescue.si.educulturalrescue.si.edu
Respond to an Emergency. The ERS: Emergency Response and Salvage app outlines critical stages of disaster response and provides practical salvage tips for nine …